Choristers Guild (www.choristersguild.org)
- Song of Simeon (2018, octavo) for SATB and piano. From the publisher: Jeremy S. Bakken has created a soundscape that is at once tender yet joyful, serene yet powerful, longing yet peaceful in this elegant setting of the “Nunc Dimittis”, beautifully capturing the sense of promises in the midst of fulfillment. The aged Simeon recognizes Israel’s Savior in his arms, but he can only see the complete fulfillment of God’s promise through faith. The music begins as a delicate prayer, reaching a glorious climax, concluding with a soft doxology.
- My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less (2016, octavo) for SATB and piano. From the publisher: Jeremy S. Bakken has broken new ground for this durable hymn text based on John Stainer's tune "Magdelan." The opening stanza is presented in unison voices, with the ensuing sections moving through varying vocal textures and the compelling use of overlapped phrases and rhythmic augmentation. The piano accompaniment features ostinato-like figures and extended diatonic harmonies which provide a compelling sense of strength, all leading at the close to a simple re-statement in the altos of the text's central theme: "My hope is built." A fine new addition to your choral library!
- Children of the Heavenly Father (2014, octavo) for two-part treble and piano. From the publisher: A thoughtful setting of this well-known text and tune by composer Jeremy Bakken. Your young singers will enjoy the sweetly-rhyming text which allows them to further explore what it means to be God's children. The interesting piano accompaniment provides unexpected surprises beneath the traditional Swedish tune. Add the second vocal part for an additional challenge.
Northwestern Publishing House
Ask Me No More (2011, octavo) for SSAATTBB unaccompanied. From the publisher: This piece was the first winning composition for the North Dakota State University Edwin Fissinger Choral Competition Prize. The Tennyson text has been sensitively and descriptively set to music by Jeremy S. Bakken. Selected for the Jo Ann Miller Choral Series, this beautiful piece uses the choral, a cappella sound to its fullest extent. Medium to difficult, it will be a popular high school and college selection.
- 8 Hymn Preludes for Organ (2018, folio). Featuring preludes on hymn tunes mostly found in Christian Worship: Supplement.
- Meinen Jesum Lass Ich Nicht (2017, digital distribution) for liturgical ensemble.
- Were You There (2014, digital distribution) for SATB and piano. Mostly two-part with some four-part passages. Haunting and simple setting appropriate for Lent or Good Friday.
- In Silent Pain the Eternal Son (2012, digital distribution) for SATB and piano. Accessible setting particularly suited for Good Friday. Stanzas one and three are 2-part with stanza two SATB.
- The King Will Come at Age's End (2012, digital distribution) for SATB and piano. Only stanza four is SATB; the other stanzas are unison or 2-part. Particularly suited for Advent or End Times.
- A Stable Lamp is Lighted (2011, digital distribution) for SATB and piano. A mix of 2-part, SATB and unison with flowing piano accompaniment.
- Once in Royal David's City (2005, octavo) for SATB and piano (optional tenor solo). Rich harmonies and warm piano accompaniment ideal for Christmas Eve.